Do you love Bitmojis? How about Bitmojis that talk? Follow the instructions below to learn how, and please share any videos you and your students make in the comments below!
Project: “Some Things I love”
Made on the iPad
DoInk Green Screen
iFunFace (Pro – to avoid ads)
- Open the Bitmoji app, create an account, and design your avatar. Make sure that you don’t choose any green clothing.
- Add the Bitmoji keyboard: Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard > Bitmoji
- There is no way to search for a Bitmoji in the app itself, so you need to use Notes. Open Notes and create a new folder called “Bitmoji”.
- Tap pencil icon to start a new note.
- Tap and hold the globe icon (bottom left hand corner of your keyboard) and scroll up to Bitmoji. Now you can search Bitmojis.
- Search “Love” and tap a Bitmoji for your opening shot.
- Paste Bitmoji on Note.
- Tap on the Bitmoji, then tap on share button (top right hand corner) > Save image.
- Find an image for the background of your first shot (Safari/Chrome > search image > press and hold > save to camera roll).
- Open DoInk Green screen. Tap on the bottom layer > Plus sign > Image > Find background image on camera roll.
- Tap middle layer > Plus sign > Image > Find Bitmoji image on camera roll.
- Adjust Bitmoji by squeezing in and moving around.
- Tap “Save” (make sure it’s on IMAGE not VIDEO) > Share > Save image
- Open iMovie and start a new project (Movie) > Tap Create Movie > Photos > Tap Bitmoji Green Screen image you just saved on your camera roll.
- Turn off Ken Burns effect: Tap image on timeline > In viewer, tap “Ken Burns Enabled” > Position the Bitmoji to where you want it.
- Add a Title: “Some Things I love, by your name”
- Open Notes and search for “Hi”. Choose a Bitmoji and follow steps #7 to #13 above.
- Open iFunFace Pro > Start > (Choose Photo) Albums > Moments > Image (choose “Hi” Bitmoji) .
- (Crop Image) > OK > Reverse pinch if you want to crop > Next
- (Create new head from which photo?) > Current image.
- (Identify head) > OK
- Put finger on head until you colour all of the head in with red.
- Tap “Preview” to see the head bobbing. > Next
- (Position Mouth) > OK > Place the blue dots on the corners of the mouth, the middle middle dot on the teeth, the bottom blue dot underneath the chin. > Preview Mouth > Next.
- (Place head) OK. You can make the head larger or smaller. I recommend leaving it as is. Tap Preview if you want. > Next.
- (Create as Image or Video?) > Record Voice > Record.
- After you give permission to your microphone, it will start recording right away. Say “Hi. My name is __________ and I’m from ____________ ”. Tap square to stop. Play video to see if you like it. If you want to re-record your voice, just tap the microphone again.
- You can change the timber of your voice by tapping the “Voice effect” icon, bottom left hand corner. Robot is the deepest, squirrel is the highest.
- Tap “Share” icon and save video to camera roll.
- Re-open iMovie and add video to your Bitmoji project.
- Continue in this fashion, adding more videos about the things you love. (Bitmoji keyboard > Search Bitmoji > Paste in Notes > Save on Camera Roll > Add to Doink Green Screen with background > Save image > Create iFunFace video > add to iMovie)
- Add music and share your video!
(Many thanks to @JoeDale for introducing me to iFunFace!)