Do you love Bitmojis? How about Bitmojis that talk? Follow the instructions below to learn how, and please share any videos you and your students make in the comments below!
Et en français:
Project: “Some Things I love”
Made on the iPad
DoInk Green Screen
iFunFace (Pro – to avoid ads)
- Open the Bitmoji app, create an account, and design your avatar. Make sure that you don’t choose any green clothing.
- Add the Bitmoji keyboard: Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard > Bitmoji
- There is no way to search for a Bitmoji in the app itself, so you need to use Notes. Open Notes and create a new folder called “Bitmoji”.
- Tap pencil icon to start a new note.
- Tap and hold the globe icon (bottom left hand corner of your keyboard) and scroll up to Bitmoji. Now you can search Bitmojis.
- Search “Love” and tap a Bitmoji for your opening shot.
- Paste Bitmoji on Note.
- Tap on the Bitmoji in the Note, then tap on share button (top right hand corner) > Save image.
- Find an image for the background of your title page (Safari/Chrome > search image > press and hold > Save Image).
- Open Green screen by Doink (You might have to change your keyboard back to English to search for the app. Tap and hold on the globe icon then scroll up to English). Tap plus sign top right hand corner > Create a new project > Tap on the bottom layer > (Plus sign) > Image > Recently Added > Tap background image > Use.
- Tap middle layer > Plus sign > Image > Find Bitmoji image on camera roll > Use.
- Adjust Bitmoji by squeezing in and moving around.
- Tap “Save” (make sure it’s on IMAGE not VIDEO) > Share/upload button > Save image > OK > Done. (Please go to #18 now if this is your second image).
- Open iMovie and tap on the large + sign to start a new project > Movie > Tap Create Movie (at the bottom) > Photos > All/Recently added > Tap Bitmoji Green Screen image you just saved on your camera roll.
- Turn off Ken Burns effect: Tap image on timeline > In viewer, tap “Ken Burns Enabled” so that it changes to “Ken Burns Disabled” > Position the image to where you want it.
- Add a Title: Tap the large T below. Choose a style (tap “Lower” so that it’s not covering your Bitmoji) and title your movie “Some Things I love, by your name” ou “Quelques choses que j’aime beaucoup par __________”.
- Tap the image in your timeline > microphone (on left) > Record (Record your voice reading out the title and your name). Tap the image and drag handle in the front so that the clip is the same length your voice recording.
- Open Notes > Done > Pencil icon > tap and hold globe icon to scroll to Bitmoji keyboard and search for “Hello”. Choose a Bitmoji and follow steps #7 to #13 above, keeping in mind that the next image you want to find as a background is one of the city you live in so that you can say “Hi. My name is _________________ and I live in ____________”/”Bonjour, je m’appelle ______________ et j’habite _______________________.”
- Open iFunFace Pro > Start > Albums > Moments > Image (choose “Hi” Bitmoji with background image you just created in Greenscreen Doink app) .
- (Crop Image) > OK > Reverse pinch if you want to crop > Next
- Create new head > Current image.
- (Identify head) > OK
- Put finger on head until you colour all of the head in with red.
- Tap “Preview” to see the head bobbing. > Next
- (Position Mouth) > OK > Place the blue dots on the corners of the mouth, the middle middle dot on the teeth, the bottom blue dot underneath the chin. > Preview Mouth > Next.
- (Place head) OK. You can make the head larger or smaller. I recommend leaving it as is. Tap Preview if you want to see it > Next.
- (Create as Image or Video?) > Record Voice > Microphone (Record)
- After you give permission to your microphone, it will start recording right away. Say “Hi. My name is __________ and I’m from ____________ ”. Tap square to stop. Play video to see if you like it. If you want to re-record your voice, just tap the microphone again.
- You can change the timber of your voice by tapping the “Voice effect” icon, bottom left hand corner. Robot is the deepest, squirrel is the highest.
- Tap “Share” icon and save video to camera roll.
- Re-open iMovie > Moments > Tap recent video > + sign to add to timeline.
- Continue in this fashion, adding more videos to your iMovie project about the things you love to do. (Bitmoji keyboard > Search Bitmoji > Paste in Notes > Save on Camera Roll > Add to Doink Green Screen with background > Save image > Create iFunFace video > add to iMovie)
- Add music and share your video!
(Many thanks to @JoeDale for introducing me to iFunFace!)
- Some of the Things That I Love To Do, by __________________.
- Hi. My name is __________________ and here are some of the things that I love to do.
- I love _______________________ because/especially ____________________.
- (Continue this way to end).
- Quelques Choses que J’aime Faire, par __________________.
- Bonjour. Je m’appelle ________________ et voice quelques choses que j’aime faire.
- J’aime beaucoup _____________________ parce que/surtout ___________________.
- (Continue this way to end).
3 thoughts on “Bitmoji Appsmash”
Pingback: BLOG SHARE: Bitmoji Appsmash by Sylvia Duckworth | Social Value Aotearoa
This is really cool!